PRIDE PARADE POLICY
All participants in the Pride Parade must agree to the following terms and conditions. Your acceptance of these terms at the bottom of this page will allow you to continue with registration.
The Windsor-Essex Pride Fest retains the right to refuse any application without liability. The Windsor-Essex Pride Fest retains the right to cancel “Pride Fest” or “Pride Events” at any time, in part or in full, without liability. The act of receiving an application shall not be deemed to impart or imply any obligation for the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest to accept any bid or application. Upon approval of an application, the successful applicant will be notified via email of their acceptance into the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest parade. Applications will be considered incomplete and will not be held.
In order to participate in the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade, all organizations, affiliates, and individuals must:
- Support the mission and objectives of the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest which are outlined above.
- Sign the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade application form.
Abide by the Parade Entry Rules and all Terms/Conditions.
- Acknowledge that a failure to honour the Parade Entry Rules and Terms/Conditions could result in penalties, including the group or individual’s exclusion from the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade.
- Agree that any violations of the Parade Entry Rules and Terms/Conditions will be resolved through the appropriate complaints.
- Agree that if a complaint is made, the applicant will participate in the appropriate Windsor-Essex Pride Fest complaints process, and abide by the ruling of the Board of Directors.
PARADE ENTRY RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Applicant confirms that they have the authority to assume full responsibility for the behaviour of all persons participating in the contingent falling under this application. The Applicant further agrees to comply by and enforce all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the event.
The Applicant operates in a manner consistent with the celebration of Pride Fest and the positive value of diversity and identity in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender and allied communities.
The Applicant hereby declares that policies upholding equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the grounds of Race, Creed, National Origin, Religious or Political affiliation, Sex, Age, Personal or Family Relationships, Disabilities, Income Restrictions, Union Affiliation, Sexual Orientation and Gender is prohibited by the organization/business or individual.
The Applicant understands that alcoholic beverages and controlled substances are not permitted on-site or on the Parade route or staging area.
The Applicant specifically agrees that the WEPF assumes no responsibility for damages to persons or property however caused, as a result of/or pertaining to the participation/activities of the organization/business or individual.
Messaging in the Windsor-Essex Pride Parade
The Applicant will not present any messages whether verbal, written, in imagery or otherwise that promotes or condones violence or incitement of hatred as defined in the Criminal Code of Canada.
The Applicant will respect the right of all members and supporters of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender and allied communities to participate in the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest.
The Applicant agrees that all messages delivered during the participation in the Windsor-Essex Pride Parade remain non-violent and in accordance with the guidelines above the City of Windsor’s Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Floats and vehicles in the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade
The Applicant agrees to build their float and/or vehicle to the specifications listed on the application.
The Applicant understands that the driver of any vehicle participating in the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade must have a valid Ontario Driver’s license in the class appropriate to the vehicle, and appropriate insurance available for presentation.
Any drivers found to be intoxicated or with controlled substances or alcohol on their persons or in their vehicles will be removed from the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade.
The Applicant agrees that all drivers of motorcycles, or any other vehicle that requires such protective gear, must wear the appropriate riding gear, including helmets, while riding their vehicles.
The Applicant will comply with the rules and regulations of the staging area and acknowledges that all floats are to arrive ready-made with only final touches being applied within the staging area.
The Applicant acknowledges and is responsible for ensuring that all floats have a dry chemical extinguisher and a basic first aid kit on board.
The Applicant understands and agrees that any breach of application may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Refusal of permission to participate in the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade
- Removal from participation during the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parade
- Legal action with respect to Breach of Application
- Exclusion from participation in future Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Parades.
- Application of criminal charges
- Legal action to recover monetary costs related to actions by the participants, including damage to property, court fines/fees resulting from lawsuits or charges against the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest.